Author Topic: Jambo '06 pics  (Read 17217 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2159
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Re: Jambo '06 pics
« on: Apr 24, 2006, 06:41:53 PM »
Wow. I had such a great time out there! In fact, I got there Thursday night, so I got to play on Friday. This was the first time in my life that I have EVER been to an event one day early. Through all of the years wheeling with Marlin we usually arrive like at 5am the day of the event, sleep for 1 or 2 hours in the cab, and then get in line for the run.

So this time I made sure that I would leave early and get an extra day to play, and what a great choice that was! I got to sleep in Friday morning and then we ran Jack Hammer.

My truck has been to the Hammers twice before, and has only done Claw Hammer and Lower Big Johnson. So I basically graduated from SUV trails straight to the hard stuff. I know there are harder trails there, such as Back Door and Wrecking Ball, but that's all I know about the "newer" trails.

So I want to ask you guys, such as locktup, how do you rate Jack Hammer and Outer limits? If there are 20 trails out there, would you say these two trails would be in the top 5 for the hardest trails?? And if that is true, then how about this: For trails that a daily driver & street legal rig can run, would you say that Jack and Outer limits is perhaps about the hardest trails there? In other words I really highly doubt that my rig could do Back door. I have only seen it at night time, but I have heard some wicked stories about it.

Whatever the case may be, for sure these are the hardest trails that I have ever driven myself, especially the hardest trails that my truck has been through as I have driven other trails in Marlin's truck, but nothing this hard.

I felt that Jack Hammer was a *bit* harder than Outer limits, but that is because it does not let up like Outer limits does. Jack just keeps throwing more and more at ya, all the way up the top of Razor Back (?) and down the second canyon.

And I am proud to say that I did both Jack Hammer and Outer Limits without ANY body damage or any broken parts!! HA! Take that Hammers! :yupyup: I came and I conquered.

I got to borrow Angelo's 37" MTRs and I also borrowed a rear bumper from TURBO, and man, my truck is working SO GOOD. I am really happy with how it drive on and off road. With the 37"s I was getting 18 MPG on the highway and they are a NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE from the 35" MTRs. I have used 37"s twice, but only in the snow. This was my first time using them in the rocks and WOW. I am really happy with MTRs and I am sure that I will buy some 37"s soon.

:beerchug:

Here are some pics from Jack Hammer, Friday :beerchug:

Here's lilbuddy and I leaving the :turtle: Shop in Fresno. Thanks for coming all the way down Chris! TURBO and I had a lot of fun hanging out with ya!

Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki