Author Topic: my 84 reg. cab buildup  (Read 48076 times)

MR_DIY

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -40
  • Male Posts: 595
  • Member since Sep '05
  • this is why I'm web wheelin'
    • View Profile
Re: my 84 reg. cab buildup
« Reply #60 on: Apr 03, 2006, 04:19:28 AM »
Its lookin good man. If anyone is slow at getting stuff done its me. Been at it for like 2 years now....Did you figure out how to get the black trim located next to the door back on? I broke mine off when i painted and all the little snap fasteners broke

thanks for the compliment... as for the plastic trim, I never had any and honestly it doesn't matter to me... I might make something to fill it someday- but for now it would just be something "extra" to hit a tree/rock with.

UPDATE!!!!!

This w/k I had a troublesome rig.  If you were at URE I apologize for the inconvenience I caused.  I didn't get all the bugs worked out (steering shaft seperates, Drivers brake hose was knicked and bleeding, throttle sticks on inclines ??? , Front Passenger tire went flat)  so thank you to all who waited for me and complimented my ailing rig.  It'll be ready next time.

THANK YOU to Tacoma 747 on the NC4x4 board and his buddies for stopping and helping me get my truck back together.  I was going to the outpost first thing and at 50mph the steering shaft came apart (forgot the collar bolt  :yikes: )  so at 50mph I flew through the ditch on the left w/o steering.  good thing the brakes were disproportioned b/c when I locked em up it pulled left towards the safer ditch/field.  thank you to you and your buddies.

IT WILL BE FIXED IN A WEEK SO I'LL BE BACK AT URE AND DPG SOON!  :yesnod:

UPDATE!!!!!

This w/k I had a troublesome rig.  If you were at URE I apologize for the inconvenience I caused.  I didn't get all the bugs worked out (steering shaft seperates, Drivers brake hose was knicked and bleeding, throttle sticks on inclines Huh??? , Front Passenger tire went flat)  so thank you to all who waited for me and complimented my ailing rig.  It'll be ready next time.

THANK YOU to Tacoma 747 on the NC4x4 board and his buddies for stopping and helping me get my truck back together.  I was going to the outpost first thing and at 50mph the steering shaft came apart (forgot the collar bolt)  so at 50mph I flew through the ditch on the left w/o steering.  good thing the brakes were disproportioned b/c when I locked em up it pulled left towards the safer ditch/field.  thank you to you and your buddies.

Also- I was rolled into TWICE in an hour!  the first one was my buddy Jeremy who rolled 2.5 times at the top of Daniel b/c he was bored.  This only pulled my corner light out and tweaked the fender a bit- no biggie.  The second one was an idiot on a quad holding up their traditions.  we were at the 3pt. turn on Daniel.  we had pulled out of the way so the TTORA guys could get through (I think it was TTORA)  so this idiot says- " I betcha I kin climb dat hill right dar"..... before I could say "let me move my junk"  that jerkoff flies off the trail and up the hill at a 45* angle... well of course the moron gets thrown off his quad and slams into my truck.  then his fourwheeler rolls down the hill and slams into him pinning him against my passenger fender.   I run to help him... when we got him fixed up and out.  HE JUST F'N WALKS AWAY!!!
We told him that he crushed my fender, ripped out my headlight, pushed in my core support.  he says "I didn't do all that"........ anyways- I got it worked out from there and all is good now (no details b/c I was freaking mad)   :maddest:

all those idiots are the reason that trails close-   so here's to you and your group quad guy   :punish:
 :rant:
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2006, 04:37:52 AM by MR_DIY »
I'm going yota JUST so I can buy from Marlin more.

*quote*-  goes to show that a ramp hero doesn't always have what it takes to be a trail hero as well.