Author Topic: Newbie With an IFS Truck Questions  (Read 3694 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie With an IFS Truck Questions
« on: Mar 02, 2006, 07:36:43 PM »
I'm surprised I haven't seen this before. 

If an IFS is available, don't wait around for a SA.  If you liked the IFS, grab it.  If you wheel with it, and get good at it, when you go to a SA (whether through a SAS or buy a different truck) you will be a better wheeler.  Some people decide that they have a good enough truck the way it is :yupyup:  I've taken my IFS truck through the rubicon, and on a lot of other trails, ranging from easy to difficult.  Granted, I'm not gonna be running sluice with it, but it gets me where I want to go so far.  I've only broken 1 axle, and 1 set of spiders, both at different times, both times doing something I know better than to do, and It was compltely my fault that it broke. 

If you do choose to lift IFS, make sure you go with a kit that keeps the halfshafts at near stock angles, that'll help prevent breakage.  Aslo, get a good skidplate for the front diff/IFS frame.  I've used my skidplate to slide over stuff plenty of times, and it'll help with the damage control.

My truck has 35" tires, 4" pro comp stage 2 lift, 5.29s, and is lcoked front and rear.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent