Author Topic: Finally, SAS'ed the Migo... and she sits.....  (Read 304168 times)

yotaweelr

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -53
  • Male Posts: 208
  • Member since Feb '05
  • wheelin
    • View Profile
Re: Finally, SAS'ing the Migo
« Reply #270 on: Feb 25, 2006, 09:50:23 PM »
I think the body may have to be hacked into with the 2.5 b/s'd wheels just because of the sweep of the wheel sticking out so far. If the wheels were left 50% backspace it wouldn't be such a hassle. but the wheels front and rear stick in to far and looks stupid. but those are stock 85 yota wheels on there. On pirate they were telling justina to go with a waggy axle  for width, but that would be way wider than the stock rear, and why get rid of the stock rear when it has discs on it. uness they thought she had the 44 and not the isuzu rear. I could also fix the draglink angle by popping the pitman insert in the way they go in toyots with the tierod going up into the pitman instead of through the top, but the draglinks tie rod end may hit the tie rod center link. but I can stick it in there to make sure.

She needs a high pinion front diff to get the front d-line in, or maybe a 2wd 5 speed with a divorce toy case to fix the d-line issue.
I wish she had a round t-case pattern instead of the pattern she hads in there so a planetary gear reduction case can the added to send her existing one back a few inches. I like the 2wd trans with toy case with gear idea better though. order up a divorced adapter from OTT and be done. then she could choose 4.0, 4.7 or 5:1 ratios, and if she didn't like the ratio, trade the t-case for a ratio she like with somebody who wants to try a diferent ratio. But of course I have the space and tools to do stuff like that, and could actually let my own vehicles sit around till i figure out what I want to do with them. the exhaust is getting done tomorrow for sure after I dump the tree trimming off my car trailer. I have to bend her trans shifter a bit to stop it from hitting the dash and popping out of gear. the trans has been moved up about a inch from stock. and the pitman is getting drilled tomorrow for the insert. I was going to do that friday, but I had a 22re headgasket to get out of my shop, and today I had to clean a space behind my office to make room for my new air compressor, 3 phase baby.