Author Topic: TheTank  (Read 2775 times)

TheTank

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 62
  • Member since Jun '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: TheTank
« on: Feb 09, 2006, 09:14:35 PM »
lol no it used to be my dad's baby...but i took it from him and have been doing stuff to it ever since!  For the front, I decided to try putting together my own set of rear springs from a combination of 2 '83 packs and a '94 pack.  It turned out pretty well and rides and flexes pretty nice.  I think they came out to about 4" of lift and the front crossmember I fabbed up is about 2" drop.  I fabbed up the front bumper myself.  I had about a week to wait for parts and was sick of the brush guard and flatness of the stock bumper. 

The rear is kind of my own combination of a lot of different parts.  Links are All Pro links, coils are OME 891 LC coils, All Pro panhard raise bracket, and a new CV driveshaft. 

I actually don't have any pictures of the rear on this computer, but I'll see what I can do to get some to post up.  I don't think that stuff will be there much longer though.  I've kind of decided I'd rather have the simplicity of leafs in the rear because I can't even wheel it the way it is right now.  The axle shifts so much side to side as it flexes that the driveshaft grinds the gas tank pretty badly.  I love the way it flexes though.  Those springs are amazing.  The hold a heavy load perfectly and don't sag, and I can stuff a tire all the way up in the wheel well.  If I'm able to, I might try to fab up my own gas tank behind the axle and make longer links.  We'll have to see though.