Author Topic: Muhammad cartoon and general rants regarding the state of the world!  (Read 21693 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
To think this started with a query about the cartoons. Including the brief “left” turn with TT, I’ve enjoyed it.
alwayzbroken wrote:
“How true. We could easily pay 10-15% of our current taxes if we weren't bombing the hell out of "terrorist" nation after nation. The money spent on this "oil war" is disgusting when you think about the state of the schools in our country. Even things as minor as the damn roads are suffering because there is no money left over after all the cruise missiles and B-2 bombers are purchased.”
   It’s not that. The 10-15% would represent the cost, an admitted approximation, to fund what is actually in the Constitution. Mrs. Willy…the Interstate Highway system was begun as a national defense project and most of the money comes from the feds. In the Constitution there is support for the military (Thank GOD!). There isn’t support for foreign aid, welfare, art projects, public TV, the feds owning land or a bazillion dollar bridge in Alaska going to an island where nobody lives! The point I was making is cut out everything and return the power to the “several States”. I believe the Federal government should be a kind of clearing house to help the States with similar projects.  Somebody once wrote that the United States “is not merely a nation but a nation of nations” meaning the states (Webster defines state as: commonwealth, country, land, sovereignty, nation) are sovereign nations joined together towards a common goal.

But wait there’s more! Getting back to something on the original idea.

1.The islamic-wackos give no quarter…they should expect none. They DO NOT compromise…period! You convert to islam or you die. They will not “tolerate” you, they will not accept your religious choice…unless you choose islam. They are the ultimate thought police, they are the dark side of the force! In my opinion, at best all muslims are cowards. Both for their terrorist acts and for the “reasonable” muslims that won’t stand up to them.  If they can burn our flags, cheer when their sons kill thousands of innocents and film beheadings then I’m all right if a cartoon hurts feewings.
   2. I don’t give a rat’s a$$ about not finding WMD’s (yet!). Sadam had them…President Bush knows it, Chappaquiddick Kennedy knows it, every-freakin-body knows it! He moved them to another arab country.
   3. From a national security and an economic stand point…we have to secure our borders now! I live 60 miles from the border, I don’t think some people, due to distance from the border, realize how bad it is. I’ve seen groups, not dark secretive ninja-like bands, but freaking families going though the washes. Our armed forces are here to protect our borders. Let them.
   4. Stop welfare. In Chicago there was a ‘public housing” project named Cabrini Green (obviously built with public funds and the residents were subsidized) that at one point was to be the shining example of how a federal “War on Poverty” was going to be won. Within 30 years it had become a shooting gallery. Riddled with crime. The feds decided to tear it down. It was a complete failure. A local news broadcast an interview with a soon to be former resident. She said “It’s not nearly as nice here as it was 28 years ago”. 28 freaking years! If you can’t better yourself in 28 years perhaps you should just give up. I believe in, and extend, a hand up. I do not believe in hand outs.

I figure this is enough to keep this going for a while!
Mark

Ps. I am purposefully not capitalizing islam, muslim and arab as a somewhat childish insult.
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2006, 09:21:36 PM by abnormaltoy »
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)