Author Topic: Anybody watch Xtreme 4x4 today?  (Read 17423 times)

reklund5

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 286
  • Male Posts: 1,263
  • Member since Nov '03
  • I love my Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody watch Xtreme 4x4 today?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 25, 2006, 06:40:56 PM »
I'm a toyota fan thru and thru, but I can really appreciate what's going on with xtreme TV.

They're building vehicles that many people across the country are building, thinking about building, or dreaming about. 

A beat down old crappy 'burban is gonna be a killer tow rig with a twin turbo duramax and allison tranny.  A good looking updated body, killer interior, and nice smooth ride will make a tow rig many of us would be envious of.  My old IDI diesel ford gets the job done, but coil springs and twin turbos sure would be nice!

Their cheap jeep project really hit the nail on the head for wheelers across the country.  Believe it or not, many people elect to wheel a factory solid axle rig, and Jeep's been doing it for 50 years.  Most 'yotas worth wheeling require a SAS and serious fab skills to make trail worthy, while most folks can build a jeep in a weekend and have just as much fun as we do.  (just not as much STYLE  :eyebrow: )

Ian said they'd be building a yota or two this year, so good for them.  They've got a lot of bases to cover, and I think they've done a great job so far.  Ian shouldn't have to defend the shows projects here- lets be supportive of their efforts!  Shows like this that promote safe responsible wheeling keep trails open for all of us.  Since Trucks is without a host right now (y'all know Stacey left, dontcha?) and is in reruns, Xtreme is the reason I watch Spike TV on Sunday mornings.

Ian and Jessi, I'll buy the  :beer:  if you're ever in New Mexico!  Keep up the good work!

Ryan
'84 Hilux, locked, dual-cased, winched, EFI converted, 37" tired, half-doored (in the summer...)
'87 Supra, 400 HP.  smooth as glass at 130 'cause my tires are NEW!...
'92 F250 Diesel, tow rig, ATS Turbo, leveling kit, killer stereo