Author Topic: 22re add Turbo  (Read 9073 times)

Sundowner

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -11
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: 22re add Turbo
« on: Jan 19, 2006, 03:56:11 AM »
the coolant return is a hack job by me. I used a T fitting from a lower rad hose and plumbed it in. the radiator is from a V6 truck, so it was either that or plumb in off of the timing cover housing, like I said before.

your engine set-up sounds a lot like mine. make sure you use the ARP head studs and not the factory head bolts. they're not cheap at about $120/set but they're worth it.
don't bother with the 44cc injectors unless you're running something really sick. the big T3 in mine pushes 10psi through the intercooler and I'm running the stock 295cc injecotrs. the air/fuel meter in the cab say's i'm not leaning out at all.

no write up, but I should put something togehter with all my research notes.

one thing I will add is that the biggest mistake toyota made with the 22rte is the exhaust system.
it NEEDS a flex pipe in it, and toyota made it solid tbing the whole way back.
it's the #1 reasn (maybe the only reason) why CT-20's crack exhaust housings and 22rte's blow exhaust manifold gaskets all over the place.

sunn downer   I like the top mount!  what is it off of or is it a garrett or something?

I like how you did your  collant return to the radiator from the turbo. I bought a v6 radiator and had them weld on a bung like the stock turbo radiator.  I parted out a whole 22rte and am swaping it in my 85 4runner.  I am thinking about getting a ct-26.  I just had the engine rebuilt.  With stock turbo pistons bored +.5 and bugger stanless valves, coated bearings thick metal head gasket.  heavy dity timing chane, preasure honed light portwork and all balanced, lso getting a dual friction clutch, want to get 440cc injectors with a supra afm, and am looking into a throttle body conversion.  you truck looks sick that is what I am trying to do.  you have a write up on here or pirate or anything?

Jimmy g
  the ct 26 from the supras are nice in the seance you can drill out some holes and they fit on the 22rte manifold,   however you just bought the ct20 do you have the manifold or are you making one?  is the ct-20 rebuilt or what.  they are notorious for going bad.   a bigger exhaust might help.  you need to keep them cool.  also cheack the turbine housing that is where they usually crack.  a new better made turbine housing made of a more durable casting is like 250 and an aftermarket part good luck.