Author Topic: Question about schooling  (Read 6729 times)

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
Re: Question about schooling
« Reply #30 on: Dec 31, 2005, 05:04:27 AM »
Man what I would give to be in your shoes again.When I turned 16 I left h/s,transfered to the local community college and got my g.e.d. I then went on to take auto tech.I graduated there when I was 18.I had already gotten a job working in a small garage that mainly dealt with imports before I graduated and was making about 8 bucks an hour.As graduation got closer I started looking for jobs at local dealerships,my instructor wouldn't help me with finding one and I wasn't having much luck on my own.
At this same time the old man that owned the garage I was working at decided to sell it.The guy that purchased it offered to pay me 10 bucks an hour to stay with him and since I wasn't having any luck with the dealers I decided to stay on with him.Well it didn't work out,he was a lousy business man and the garage finally closed.I've worked for several garages since that but just finally got tired of not making any money.Now I work in a wire plant making 12.50 an hour,it's good money for the area I live in,but it's not where I wanna spend the rest of my life.I have a wife and 3 kids and a mortgage,I just don't have the time or the money to go back school.I would love to be a engineer,but unless I can do something online,I don't see that happening.

All I can say is just make absolutly sure that's what you wanna do with the rest of your life.It only gets harder the older you get.It may sound like great money now,but will it LAST.

Damn dude that sounds a lot like me. I am 16. I left traditional High school and started at the technical college taking both high school and technical classes. I figure I will be ok because I will get a regular HS diploma and a degree in automotive repair at the same time when I'm 19. I have heard a lot of BS about this from my friends and people my age, but have gotten praise from adults about it. It also helps that one of my best friends made the transition with me, but he is in the position to flunk out at the moment. I just need to get my nose to the grindstone and finish it up I am catching senioritis early. At least that's what my ex gf tells me all the time.
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status