Author Topic: custom Front bumper and flatbed  (Read 5563 times)

Oddmar

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 74
  • Male Posts: 402
  • Member since Aug '04
  • J3 Productions
    • View Profile
Re: custom Front bumper and flatbed
« on: Dec 28, 2005, 11:13:09 PM »
OK, Kiddies....let's clear up some MisConCepTions...

The flatbed standard cab truck belongs to a 'friend of a friend'. The welds are solid but sloppy, cause he just wanted it to be solid and mean, not pretty, and we're not good buddy's so i did'nt goto great lengths cause i was working for free anyway.

Be that as it may, the scrap i used is 3/16" wall 4x4 box tubing, with the 1/4" "brushguard" front center piece off his old S-10. It's not going to do much more than bend a little even if he broadsides a car.

My black xtra-cab bumper i made out of 3/16" plate...with all those angles it's incredibly strong, and it's got a back so i can fill it with air. Rear bumper is the same thickness.

My bumper designs may not resemble the tubing bumpers i see so many of you guys putting on your rockcrawlers, but i like big, mean, ramming quality bumpers that won't bend for anything. My xtracab bumper is'nt finished in the pic, it still needs 3" center tubing and 1" solid side guard bars. When i build something that i take enough pride in to finish, like the bumpers i sell on my website, i take care to make them the most durable, multi-purpose items i can. My Toyota's may not be able to follow your's through the harder lines in the rocks, but i build more torwards an expedition-level truck than a nice light buggy style. When your 15 gallon tank runs dry, i'll still have 45 gallons to go. :driving:
The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Only when i am finished will there be peace: The peace of an empty wind as it blows across a land strewn with the bones of my enemies.