Author Topic: Looking at Lockers  (Read 3565 times)

ZukIzzy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -113
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Looking at Lockers
« on: Dec 23, 2005, 01:42:35 PM »
I like the idea of the E-locker, but I heard the wiring is a bit involved. You need relays and fuses and all kinds of crap to get it to work right. I know you can convert the E-locker to work off a cable, which I think would be a little more fool proof. Also, can the mods to the housing be easily done while to housing is in the truck, or is it best to remove the housing from the truck to get better access? To convert to cable operation, would you just use a parking brake cable?

I like the fact that the compressor for an ARB could be used for airing up tires as well.

As far as the Aussie lockers and the like, they are pretty sweet, but I really want full selectability. Keep the info comin', thanks!

You are gonna have to use relays and all that stuff for the ARB compressor too. Then run the air lines too so they are pretty close to the same amount of work to plumb/wire. I run both kinds in different rigs and find the Electrics to be a bit slow in unlocking (Eaton E-lockers). for trail running it would be no big deal but they are in a comp rig wich will have ARBs soon only due to the more possative unlock of the ARB. This is a hard decision but one that you cannot go too far wrong as long as you stick to quality manufacters.

Good luck
Wayne
PS if your rig has front wheel drive only capability put the detriot up front and the arb in the rear