Author Topic: It's sliiiiiiipppppppiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnggggggg!!!!!!!  (Read 3376 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
I think she just didn't drive as smoothly as I did, that's the only way I can see that I was able to stop the chatter and make it last so long. 

On my first toy the clutch pedal would get stiff and it wouldn't go into gear.  Sometimes it just flat wouldn't shift and I had to park it for a while, come back later and it would work.  I drove it like that for nearly a year till I decided to switch to a celica 5 speed, and when I pulled the 4 speed I saw the problem.  The springs in the disc were chunking apart and when they did they would get caught between the disc and flywheel. 

And Jim, Duffil's clutch is what reminded me of reman, but his is for a v6.  Plus I get a good deal so hopefully it will cost the same or less than what you paid for your marlin clutch.  Money is tight though, so if it costs twice as much as the sachs clutch then you know what's gonna happen.  I have been keeping all toyota parts on this truck though, and it would be nice to stick with that.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!