Author Topic: at the end of my rope!!!need help fast!!!!  (Read 5200 times)

UGLYTOY

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: at the end of my rope!!!need help fast!!!!
« on: Dec 05, 2005, 12:33:02 PM »
it looks like the 85's are set up like the newer ones and have both a coolant temp sensor and a cold start injector time switch at the front where u broke--i don't know which u broke.  in ad's pic, it looks like cts is on the right when staring at the front of the engine and inj switch is right to the left of it
i would suggest going to your local library and looking at their alldata--most libraries have it and it's usually better than the chilton's (unless u have a professional edition or something)--plus it's free, unless u want copies--it will have vacuum diagrams if u no longer have yours under the hood, have test procedures for components, etc.--i assume they copy direct from toyota manuals although i have seen some screw ups (i won't tell u what we call alldata, but it is a good guide)
while checking for vacuum leaks, don't forget to check for a leaking brake booster (i'm stretching now, but is possible)
i assume u have played w/the adjusting screw like others have suggested and looked in throttle body to make sure the blasted thing is actually closed, linkage not bent when taken off, etc.
not to keep beating that poor horse, but did u crimp the air hose from the iac just to make sure?  humor me a little.....