• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,320
  • Member since Apr '05
  • WERD!
    • View Profile
Re: My job
« on: Oct 14, 2005, 01:17:22 AM »
I never get to fly them but I get to fly in them. Closest I get to flying them is when we have to do an engine run for checking a system to make sure we fixed it. We get to fire up the engines and run them up to full power while on the ground. Its got sooo much power, it will rock you to sleep at full power cause its bouncing around and wants to goooo! Here is another picture that I found, this is one of our 8 jets that can have "pods" attached to the wings. They are used to fuel up the navy jets that use a boom to recieve fuel. The pods reel out a basket looking thing and then the pilots of the fighters fly the boom into the basket and it starts to recieve fuel. These Pods are a hassle because they put added stress on the wings of the jet and makes certain components go bad faster. No worries though, these things arnt going to fall out of the sky on you. We have only lost one of our 60 KC-10's and that was on the ground. It caught on fire. Very meticulously maintained. I am an electrician on these things and I really enjoy it.
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

89 Ext Cab Long Bed, SAS'd, Double 2.28's, 5.29's, 38" TSL's, Allied Beadlocks, Half Doors, Custom Trail Bodywork