Author Topic: to K&N or not to K&N  (Read 3621 times)

crimefighter

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Sep '03
  • When stopped fighting, then we are free no more
    • View Profile
Re:to K&N or not to K&N
« on: Sep 17, 2003, 08:23:12 AM »
:smack:

Krawler dude ! , that scares the heck out of me.

its my work truck, the truck that helps me bring the bacon home.

I have installed the K&Ns last week, and has just driven it in the city .

you think I have incurred damage already ?   or should I go on HIgh emergency and not turn on my engine.

I will replace is back to paper filter ASAP.

thanks for all your insight from everyone , I'm sure K&N has some applications,, just not for me, I guess.

Dude, just relax, you seem to be a little hypochondriac  :screwy:.

I have mine since 4 year now and i don't have any problem with dust, much more with water :hahaha:

Just don't believeevery one, test it for a couple of month and after that if you think there's too much dust passing remove it. :twocents:

thanks  88Runner and to all .

the Advise from every helped a lot.

judging from all the surfing I've done, I've found out that BBS "posting" are a much more reliable resource than just surfing for information on the web.

at least its a good cross reference.

all this crap i hear againts  K&N product bears a lot of ground, yet most of it does not really explain in depth as to the real deal.

I'm sure K&N (just filter) does its job, as I have used it, and it did made the aceleration smoother on my
2001 Taco (3.5 fab lift) , and my (92 V6 toy),  no doubt and understandably the horsepower increase is very minimal to a point, one does not really feel it (its best to feel its performance when the air is cold) .

when a Product gets 'knocked'  so badly by a lot of people, makes one doubt the validity of the bad 'rap'.

K&N is being knocked down like Microsoft,,   from what it seems to me its all politically motivated..

not sure, in any case  I can't look around a corner cubicle without seeing a Microsoft product,, and
at the same time K&N is seen in the racing Circles...

which leads me to the conclusion..

I'm running UNIX in my home machine, coz it keeps bad bugs away....

so, My K&N can go back to its box, since I'm not into racing.

what I am though is major Sand and mud,,  in that case I'm tossing my paper pleats every after a trip.

K&N has its place in the world,,  I have one on my  bike and it works great ..

in fact the only place that where you get a lot of good words on K& N ,, its the Bike racing world ..

thanks all  :beer: