Author Topic: diet and Exercise  (Read 7533 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: diet and Exercise
« on: Jul 12, 2005, 03:21:31 PM »
There is no single great diet or exercise plan out there.  The very best one is the one that works for you.  The key to diet is making sure that you get lots of fruit and vegetables, and cut down on fatty foods such as fried foods and meats.

Exercise should be started slowly, working your way up as you go.  Start with low weights and high repetitions, and then work your way up as you get stronger.  Again, the key to exercise is finding a program that works best for you.

I know, that wasn't earth shattering advice, but there is no quick fix for this.  Just takes time and perseverance.

Good luck.

Erik :usa:

Unfortunately the best program for me is the sit there, think about exercising, and forget about it approach :hahaha: 

I used to be in good shape in high school, but once i got out, I wet dwon hill.  guess all that football and rugby was good for me after all :smack:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent