Author Topic: Rubithon Pictures and video clip!!!!  (Read 36493 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2243
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Re: Rubithon Pictures and video clip!!!!
« Reply #90 on: Jun 22, 2005, 11:00:03 PM »
Since we were hauling butt getting out, Louie got hung up on a rock on the Slabs and twisted his front shaft. He carries a spare, so it was ok, but it nearly punctured his Auto oil pan which would had been a very very bad thing :o

Also we got into multiple traffic jams on the way out. Nothing to bad though, and I got to check out some cool buggies. Also saw Dave Wong's (4skinner) new buggy which I have to say is the cleanest/coolest Buggy I've ever seen! He will be at the Round-Up (registered #202) so make sure you check it out!

While bypassing the little sluice, we went around the back side and up some steep rock climb. I was running tail gunner, and by the time I got there, just Louie was in front of me and after a couple of tries he got up it........

......... It was this down hill left turn with a bit of mud at the bottom and then an immediate straight uphill granite slab that was very steep. And since this is right at the Little sluice, of course there was a crowd, this time being a bunch of Jeepers......

.........so I figured I would try to Crawl it at 510:1 but it was just to slick with the tires being wet, so I backed about half way off of it, grabbed 4.70:1 in 2nd gear, and hit it. Well, since my front left shock is wasted, and my suspension is stiff as hell, I got some MASSIVE wheel hop and bounced it about 3 or 4 times. :smack: I was even off of the throttle, but this engine has so much freak'n power it was revved out and kept hop'n. Man, all of my packers fell out of the back and slid down to the mud where my ice chest and food packer opened up and dumped my goods all over the place..........

...........It was really really embarrassing. I've never been so embarrassed wheeling :yupyup: And I'm sure those Jeepers were thinking "Geeze, silly kids and there Toyotas" :slap: Hey there's a first time for everything and I learned that stiff suspension and lots of power doesn't mix :Ninon:

The Jeepers were really cool though and a couple guys helped me pick my stuff up. And the funny thing is that after I lost my crap out of the back, It crawled right up it in 1st gear. :smack: Man that sucked :rofl2:

So that's about it. Like I said, I should have taken more pics on the way out. TURBO took his camcorder, so I will try to get some video footage if I can and get it up to. Next time I hit the trail I'll be sure to take some more pics!

Cya
BigMike
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki