Author Topic: How many religions...(Discussion Moved to Christ Thread)  (Read 76702 times)

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
Erik, what about the condemning part? I know that is defiant, but if a law is passed that is stupid (ie doesnt hurt anyone at all, and makes no sense) then it is our duty as US citzens to argue it. My question was about the Godly condmening. Right thing for the wrong reasons type thing I guess is what is comes down to.

I agree with you completley about arguing stupid laws, Its our right and responsiblity as citizens of society.

My understanding is that the Sunday laws, are going to be kind of the "breaking point" if you will that will truly separate the ones who follow the Bible and Gods teachings, and those who do not. Again, it is somewhat difficult to read, but I've referenced a few scriptures, which address the issue that Satan will have the masses worshiping him. In order to do this, he must trick them. This is how you are condemned. You are not following Gods law, but rather Satan's law. That is a sin, and that results in condemnation.

I think the other part of the condemnation (now that I've read and re-read your post) is that we need to be following Gods laws of our own free will. The key (i think) is that we do it because we WANT to, and for no other reason. Will it make a difference in the end? Unfortunatly, I don't know. Only God can judge that. I would think that he would look at our intention as well as our actions. Remember, we are not saved by acts (works) alone.

IMHO, God would not tell us that if we don't follow his commandments we will be condemned, and then not tell us how to figure it out and do His will. All the information we need is in the Bible. We just need to look for it (not always easy I'll admit).

I hope this clarify's your question. If not let me know, and I'll try again.

Erik :beerchug:
« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2005, 10:37:05 AM by germ »
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!