Author Topic: My f-250...and more to come!  (Read 13300 times)

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: My f-250...and more to come!
« Reply #30 on: Jun 08, 2005, 03:15:17 PM »
Freak,
      You should check out FTE.com (Ford truck enthusiast) lots of good info more up to date crowd not the "sticks in the mud",  I have had lots of 67-72 highboys lookin at your pics I kinda think you have an F-100 that was converted to 8 lug. Thats why your rear springs dont fit the U bolts/block, the front hipinion is a bolt in from a 77-79 then the 8 lug stuff bolts on up, the rear D60 also bolts in except for the difference in spring pack width from 1/2 to 3/4 ton and the U joints. These things are like Yotas sooo tough and soooo easy to wrench on, you've got a great start there, any?'s ask away, good luck!

I have a '79 f-150 frame and front end, and '70 f-250 rear end and body and engine.  It's pretty pieced togethere..it's a PITA to find some of teh chassis parts cuz it's mixed up....  I am on FTE, but they're kinda sticks in teh mud there.  They don't allow a lot of stuff and it gets really frustrating, so I'd just as soon hang out here and have the people that I know and get along with help me.  I got in trouble on my first post over there, so i said flop em.  It was somethin dumb... :smack:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -