Author Topic: BigMike's Big Summer Project: REVIVED!  (Read 219943 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2205
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Re: BigMike's Big Summer Project
« on: May 23, 2005, 12:55:58 AM »
The first pic in my above post shows the belt line / relationship that I've got. It is actually a perfect fit. If I were using an upright York compressor, then I doubt it would fit.

Now if you look at my crank pulley, the inner grove operates the water pump and alternator and the outer grove operates the power steering pump.

All I need to do is acquire a Crank Pulley from an A/C equipped 3RZ. This will put a 3rd grove in between of my two, in that missing area there in the middle. That grove operates the AC and that would be perfect for me to use for my Air Compressor, but the problem, as stated earlier, is that I need a serpentine clutch pulley on the Compressor in order to use the serpentine pulley for the AC crank pulley.

So, now I am in search for a serpentine AC Pulley that will fit that shaft pictured above from my twin V compressor.
Once I find a serpentine clutch pulley, all problems are solved. So does anyone know of an AC Clutch pulley that is serpentine and fits a tapered shaft like that?? ?? :crossed: :crossed: :crossed:

If I can not find one, then my only option would be to cut off a V-belt grove from a 22R crank pulley, weld it onto my crank pulley in that middle area, and then take it down to a performance shop that can get the pulley rebalanced. But seriously I don't want to do that, so my search begins and this is where I leave you for now....

As for my Project, sadly, my girlfriend will be leaving to return back home in Japan for at least a YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LEJW KJ WEKJR WIHF SH WHR LJK#$Y RTI#$JH@$KL%^J#$K^J $ :rivers:  :rivers:  :rivers:  :shudder:  :sad2:  :rivers:  :rivers:  :scared:  :sad2:  :rivers:  :rivers:  :rivers:  :rivers:  WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!!!!!!  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down: Her flight leaves in the first week of July, so I have between then and now to spend every second and every breath with her before she leaves :love:  :love:  :love: , so logically my truck and all of these projects will be placed on the back burner for a while. :dunno:
Plus, if you haven't realized, those axles and suspension are gonna cost me major bucks :smack: so it's going to take me a month or two just to fund these projects. I might even take out a vehicle loan and just pay that off :headscratch:

So don't expect much action from this thread until around mid July or so...  :sleeping: and then all Hell's gonna break loose :burnout: :yesnod:

Cya
BigMike with BigPlans
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 01:07:27 AM by BigMike »
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki