Author Topic: What is the grosest thing you've ever done without realizing it till afterward?  (Read 4124 times)

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,058
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
It didn't taste funny?  :teeth:

I can't think of anything off hand...I guess I have one that is sort of on the topic.  Part of my job involves inspecting the different tanks on submarines.  A couple of years ago I had the distinct opportunity to visit a sanitary tank (sailor Pooh) for a structural inspection.  The tank had been "cleaned" but the first time my coworker and I went in there was still about a 1/4" inch of dried "dirt" on the walls that we tried to scrap off before we gave up.  The second time it was much cleaner(still had some curlies on the walls), but when I put my leg under a pipe in the tank I got brown/green sailor Pooh on my leg, thankfully I had two pair of tyvek coveralls on because it went through the first layer.  Keep in mind that the tank is configured similar to five large refrigerators side by side that were connected by 18-24 inch holes.  It was a long six hours.  The worst part was after we came out and were cleaning up we blew our noses and it looked like we had spent the day in a sand storm.  Thankfully it is only a small part of my job, but I wear a face mask now.  Just think, someone has to clean the tanks in the first place.

Do you feel any better about your drink?
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved