Author Topic: Turbocharger  (Read 1450 times)

cavey

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 496
  • Male Posts: 90
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile
Re: Turbocharger
« on: Dec 24, 2021, 05:57:56 AM »
So I ordered a boost pin from the UK to suit a Land Rover TDI300  which cost about $50 Aud  but doesnt get here until the 4-1-2022  , so bugger it , ill have ago at turning one op , which I machined out of a L series head bolt  because the pin is 11mm diameter, i made the cone eccentric to the rest of the pin  by 1.5mm or .060" off center, and I also rotated the starwheel another 1/4 of a turn clockwise    and put it back together
 I now have to keep an eye on EGTs  as i think i could easily surpass 600C , the off boost acceleration is fantastic, floor it in 2nd and it will break traction on 1 wheel till the detroit stops it , and it has now more power than before with the old std turbo , as i can maintain the speed limit (110kph )  up a hill which i drive regularly , where as before  it would drop back to 97kph at 12psi, and now it barely makes 10psi , so it still isnt getting enough fuel , but I will put up with it for now , as i want to visit friends in Newcastle ,NSW  in june and ill get it tuned properly then as there is no one capable in tasmania
 also today  installed a rebuilt rear T case with new 23 spline 4.7 gears inside 
own a 1989  LN106r diesel with a 1KZ-T 3 litre turbo diesel  bolted to a imported R151F gearbox with snorkel Rancho springs & shocks & Detroit lockers F & R & 11x 32  cooper sst ultimate dual transfer cases 130 litre fuel tank   full floating disc brake rear end