Author Topic: Scary Stuff  (Read 210622 times)

Gnarly4X

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 5134
  • Male Posts: 4,262
  • Member since Jun '16
  • 4-wheeling vicariously.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: Scary Stuff
« Reply #1200 on: Dec 17, 2021, 12:20:56 PM »
Everybody knows how I talk about cops. As I said before, I grew up on the bad side of town and never had a positive encounter with them.

That said

IF people were what they SHOULD be, we would not need laws or enforcement. Sadly, people are NOT what they should be. I have the opinion that there is no such thing as a good human being, we are all flawed. It's a natural thing to get angry, jealous, greedy etc. and most if not all people have little to no self control leading to a necessety for outside civil leadership, laws.

As I've said many times before, we should not need laws or enforcement. Locks should never have been invented, should never had a need. But, as people are what they are, laws and enforcement are become a necessary evil. Too bad that has become a true evil in many cases bring the people that are supposed to shepard criminals act as criminals themselves. So as there are no good people there are no good cops.
If there were any good cops there would be no bad cops. But in all levels of humanity the minority tends to give the rest a bad reputation and the majority does nothing to improve that reputation.

On to the deluded people that want to "defund the police". These morons believe people are good and believe in positive reinforcement to battle what is considered wrong. If I did something "off color" mom would beat me bloody. Taught me to mind my Ps and Qs and not do what she considered to be wrong. Never got a cookie for backtalk, got a fat lip. Need to do the same to criminals. Until people can get it right.....

Deucie….

In casual textual communications there is always conceptual semantics at play…so aspects like tone, intent, humor, etc. can be sometimes very difficult to interpret.

Your comments often read somewhat pessimistic and down on humanity.

“Overall 60% of Americans think that there are more good people than bad people in the world. Only 19% of Americans think that people tend to be bad.
Poorer Americans are, however, noticeably less likely than richer Americans to say that there are more good people than bad people in the world.”

Your “IF” statement made me think of my dad who said more than once when said “IF”… he said “Yeah.. and IF the dog hadn’t stopped to take a :pokinit:, he woulda caught the rabbit.”

“IF” hypotheticals are countless.

We are human and so fallible, along with all the other personality and character traits historically displayed throughout human existence.

There is the good, the bad, and the evil. So far there is only a eutopia in the movies.

Characterizing laws and law enforcement as “a necessary evil” is not accurate.

Growing up on the “bad side of town” doesn’t mean you have to be a criminal.

Never having a positive encounter with the cops doesn’t make the cops evil.

A mom that would beat their child “bloody” is felony aggravated assault and battery, which can carry a penalty up to 20 years in prison, depending upon the State law.

Brutalizing a child by a parent, physically, psychologically, or by deprivation is criminal and they should be punished according to the laws that protect a child.

We all know someone who has been abused.

We tend to be judgemental of others as a natural instinct.

But, our instincts can very often be flawed.

Here’s an excellent description from PositivePsychology.com…

“Personality is easy to read, and we’re all experts at it. We judge people [as] funny, extroverted, energetic, optimistic, confident—as well as overly serious, lazy, negative, and shy—if not upon first meeting them, then shortly thereafter. And though we may need more than one interaction to confirm the presence of these sorts of traits, by the time we decide they are, in fact, present, we’ve usually amassed enough data to justify our conclusions.  Character, on the other hand, takes far longer to puzzle out. It includes traits that reveal themselves only in specific—and often uncommon—circumstances, traits like honesty, virtue, and kindliness”  ~ (Lickerman, 2011).

I agree that those who want to defund the police are deluded. I have never spoken to anyone who believes that defunding the police is a good thing.

I don’t believe beating a criminal bloody is the right thing to do to all criminals… but some certainly deserve the death penalty.

If anyone is interested, watch the documentary by The Discovery Channel called “Why We Hate”. It is very disturbing to watch, but a very insightful look at human hate.

Gnarls. :usa:

« Last Edit: Dec 17, 2021, 02:47:25 PM by Gnarly4X »
1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

God Bless Our Troops... Especially Our Snipers. The 2nd defends the 1st
MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein