Author Topic: Turbocharger  (Read 1450 times)

cavey

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 496
  • Male Posts: 90
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile
Re: Turbocharger
« on: Dec 05, 2021, 03:48:24 PM »
I spent the last week removing the old turbo and installing the new one  ,I also moved the exhaust pyrometer out of the EGR blanking plate and drilled and tapped a new hole about 1 1/4" from the turbo mounting flange then put it all back together , the worst job was reconnecting the turbo oil supply to the engine , took it for a spin late saturday afternoon , max EGT temp was 420 degrees Celsius  and power was down heaps  boost was 8 psi , i tested the wastegate on the bench earlier in the week to see what pressure it opened at, and it started to open at 12 psi  and fully open at 15 psi , so I came to the conclusion that the engine is running lean , ie the new turbo is supplying more air than the std turbo , now the performance is only just better than a N/A engine , because I have had the pressure hose to the boost compensator  come off before whilst driving and it would manage 7 psi and 360 degrees  EGT , so I need to supply more fuel , I didnt want to adjust the main fuel screw ,as the fuel is correct off boost, so I took the Diaphragm and fuel pin out of the boost compensator ,to see in which position the conical ramp on the pin was ,as all the ones ive seen the conical ramp is eccentric to the pin, so you can rotate the pin and give the engine more fuel under boost, but guess what , my pin is concentric , so i have to see if I can get an eccentric pin
own a 1989  LN106r diesel with a 1KZ-T 3 litre turbo diesel  bolted to a imported R151F gearbox with snorkel Rancho springs & shocks & Detroit lockers F & R & 11x 32  cooper sst ultimate dual transfer cases 130 litre fuel tank   full floating disc brake rear end