Author Topic: reverse lights on r150f  (Read 6147 times)

joeczabaranek

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Sep '21
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: reverse lights on r150f
« on: Sep 03, 2021, 09:14:41 PM »
When you shift into reverse, the shift rod moves forward and depresses the pin until the contacts make connection.

Do you have a thin aluminum sealing washer under the plug?

There is no way the heat treated 14mm rod could wear out.
If your trans in going into rev, the rod must move and depress the contacts.

I am trying to think what can cause this situation.
Do you have an aftermarket alarm?
Messed up, oil soaked wiring?

Remove the switch and test it by holding the switch in your hand and depressing the pin. If the lights work then it would have to be in the transmission.

Next, you will need to look inside the shift light hole, and see if the rod is in fact moving proper.

I have never heard of this before.

I will look at a core trans in the AM.

Marlin

Hey Marlin,

A Google search turned up this thread for me.  Im new to the forum.  I have a similar problem.  My reverse lights dont come on when I put my R150 in reverse.  For a while they would come on if I held the shifter aft & passenger.  Now they dont come on at all.  My original switch has continuity when I depress it by hand as well as the aftermarket switch I purchased.  I dont have any problems with the trasmission popping out of reverse and shifting still feels normal.  The only thing I changed was my transmission and transfer case fluid.  After 14 years and 120k miles I drained the old Walmart dino fluid and replaced it with Redline MT-90 synthetic.  That caused my transfer case to start leaking but I cant imagine it would affect the reverse rod.  Do you remember if you ever found something that could cause this?

Thanks for the help