Author Topic: 81 pickup 5vz swap  (Read 23567 times)

spuds015

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 123
  • Male Posts: 216
  • Member since May '10
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: 81 pickup 5vz swap
« Reply #60 on: Apr 19, 2019, 01:15:56 PM »
I finally got a call back from the Alemeda college referee today. According to him I am good to go. He said the engine family located in the door jamb of the donor truck had to be VCK11LCRMDK and under the hood TTY3.42JG1GK. It does not matter if the ECU is for a 2wd, just as long as it is for a manual transmission. As for the ECU check I would be good to go to get a printout from the Toyota parts department showing it is the matching ECU for the donor truck VIN. According to him these ECUs aren't really programmable and the will be checking that during the inspection. suggested to do what I guess is a smog pre-test to check all the emissions monitors since I dont have the capability myself. However, he said my intake would be up to the shop supervisor's discretion if not having the heat shield on the intake is acceptable or not.  Lastly, the exhaust crossover is still allowed. Fingers crossed I'm going to send it and hope for the best.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

'81 pickup 5vzfe, r150f, 35's, welded 5.29's, f150 rear springs, Rears up front, TG dual adapter w/ 2.28's