Author Topic: Happy Birthday Nate!  (Read 2022 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Nate!
« on: Jul 26, 2018, 10:11:57 AM »
Thanks gents!  Not working.  Took off three days to relax and hopefully fish.  I have done both.

I did go to the coast via hwy 36 (fires have 299 closed), which only added an hour to the trip.  Just got to sleep in the truck when eureka sheriffs officers knocked on the window.  They started asking a couple questions and I figured it best to tell them I had the 9mm under my pillow, so they checked out that and we spoke a bit more before they left.

That messed up my sleep cycle and it took forever to get back to sleep, then I finally woke up later than I wanted to, so I barely had time to fish for surf perch before I went out on a charter boat.  I made two fatal errors - I didn’t fill my stomach and I took two dramamine.  Chunder, anybody? 

I have lots of boating experience and have always had good sea legs, but I just couldn’t get my feet under me and started feeling bad fairly early into the trip, began sweating profusely (it was under 60 degrees)  and dryheaved twice, felt a little better for a bit then started to feel really bad and finally lost it.  I could not stay at the rail fishing any longer and laid down in the cab, which is where I stayed until we pulled up outside the harbor to pull the crab pots.

Everyone on the boat was very nice and had a great time, and luckily I had already caught quite a few fish by the time I went down.  I also recognized another person on the boat, which turned out to be one of my customers, who incidentally caught the biggest fish of the trip, a huge red vermillion!  I think it easily went 12 pounds

All in all a fun day, plus I think I finally found the spot where I long ago crashed my motorcycle, though it was dark and was hard to tell.  The good news is it’s much closer than I had been thinking so it won’t be a long trip to go back and check it out during the day when I can see detail better.  And either someone else has hit it just the same or there’s still the dent in the metal guide post from my head...
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!