Author Topic: What I did this weekend...  (Read 4208 times)

H8PVMNT

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 452
  • Male Posts: 3,554
  • Member since May '07
  • I'LL NEVER MAKE IT...
    • View Profile
Re: What I did this weekend...
« on: Jan 03, 2018, 11:44:55 AM »
Nah the trophy photo was just Caleb being a clown.  Pretty much typical life for us.  The boys are always butchering chickens, pheasants, deer, whatever and helping their Mom cook or process the meat. He got to dispatch her because he got kicked, abused and drug through the brush more by that cow than any of us.  We took the "prime rib" and tenderloin portions on vacation and had it with some fresh seafood.  The organic alfalfa makes some awesome marbled meat.  It was great!

I think it's important if you are going to eat meat that you know that something has to die for that to happen.  I actually know a girl that told me honestly that we should buy our meat from the store where they "make it"...  No joke.

I like to do my own killing because I like to know where my meat comes from and how it was handled.  Really crummy handling for most of our grocery store meat. 

I think Gnarls is vegan so if he finds killin' unsavory I guess he has the right :).  Myself I am too addicted to eating animals to give it a second thought.

“I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.”
– Steve McQueen

"Except for maybe Seattle."  -H8PVMNT

"I plan to hit 300k in this truck"  :)bestgen4runner

"I'm jealous of your shop. It has concrete and doesn't smell like pickles like the old shop  "  300K