Author Topic: Why Air Down Your Tires Off Road  (Read 31344 times)

Gnarly4X

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 5134
  • Male Posts: 4,274
  • Member since Jun '16
  • 4-wheeling vicariously.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: Why Air Down Your Tires Off Road
« Reply #90 on: Oct 12, 2017, 04:21:32 AM »
Gnarls you doad.

Hey H8PVMNT,

Geeezz… I’m learning Montana slang.. .I had to Google DOAD…. Yes… sometimes I feel like a giant 188 pound doad!  There are other, bigger, well-known doads here on the forum.  :moon:

I’m a communications analyst, all day long I read computer-generated text data, ASCII characters… so yeah, I caught your “6 ply”.  :gap:

I was good up to the end when you said your buddy blew up a 6 ply tire!  :willynilly:

And, no, you don’t post poop and stink…. Some pomp.  :beerchug:

And yes, I was sure you DID fill up some tires with that tire bomb… although I would still like to see it.  With that said, the things I’ve seen done and fixed on a trail would defy many 100-year old equations written by some old gray-haired geek scientist.  :inthedark:

You, being around a “buddy” that uses an exploding 300-year old 6-ply tire as compressed air tank, doesn’t sound like you.  So, could the filling to max repeatedly cause the tire to explode?  :dunno:

The reason I threw you a tease-bomb is to bring the idea to a level of “that’s-really-NOT-a-good-idea”.  Here in AZ that person would be considered by many to be a "reetard", and probably would not be allowed on a run. :thumbdown:

YOU know that a 6-ply tire can take 120 PSI, but you also know that someone else reading these posts could go out tomorrow and fill up their 33” BFG ATs to 120 lbs.!!!  :shake:

I think there are enough inherent potential dangers while wheeling that carrying a tire bomb is NOT a good idea… that’s just weird thinking for a DOAD.  :gap:

Regarding your I.Q. …. Even if it were to take a 20 point dip, you are still one of the sharpest knives in the draw.  And I believe I’ve said this before, my Toyota knowledge and experience would not make a pimple on your butt!  :bowdown:

Halloween is coming… I’m going to WalMart and look for a DOAD costume!!  :disturbed:

I feel very badly about you burning your brussel sprouts because you were communicating with a doad!  :rivers:

Gnarls….lots of pomp ‘n stink.  :wave:

« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2017, 06:50:46 AM by Gnarly4X »
1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

God Bless Our Troops... Especially Our Snipers. The 2nd defends the 1st
MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein