Author Topic: Aisin Carburetor Rebuild  (Read 7526 times)

H8PVMNT

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 452
  • Male Posts: 3,554
  • Member since May '07
  • I'LL NEVER MAKE IT...
    • View Profile
Re: Aisin Carburetor Rebuild
« on: Jun 13, 2017, 07:30:40 AM »
Man we are going to be the Aisan carb tech source of the world!  We almost need an Aisan carb folder to put all these threads in for ease of finding answers.

The pinesol works amazingly well, but it does take a little more time and a bit more tooth brush action. It smells better, is cheap, and doesn't seem to eat aluminum or small plastic parts.

I used a carb cleaner dip from Napa in a gallon paint type can with the basket in it on my last rebuild.  It was a little faster than the pinesol but still took all day to really de-crustify everything.

Whatever you use get a few cans of cheap spray carb cleaner to blow out all the little passages.

On your jets, About all I have found we can do is adjust isle mixture and swap out the main jet.  I believe they jeted these things based more on the different piggy-back systems than elevation.  Figure out what your stock jet is and order just one or two leaner and one or two richer Hitachi main jet.  You are higher elevation which should mean leaner, but if you strip it down or free up the intake air mine seemed to like richer.

As far as the piggy-backs go, take a highlighter and highlight everything you have on your truck listed in the manual that has "improved drivability" or better cold starting, in the explanation.  These are the things you want to keep.  You can do away with these too, but the carb becomes more rough and raw :).
“I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.”
– Steve McQueen

"Except for maybe Seattle."  -H8PVMNT

"I plan to hit 300k in this truck"  :)bestgen4runner

"I'm jealous of your shop. It has concrete and doesn't smell like pickles like the old shop  "  300K