Author Topic: I'm worried about our childrens brains!!!  (Read 15662 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2159
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Re: I'm worried about our childrens brains!!!
« on: May 04, 2005, 09:54:31 AM »
YES FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!! I got so mad about this when I was taking my General Edu classes in my biology class.

We had to write essay papers about once a month and I wrote like 4 anti-evolution essays.

But my essays were not geared directly at if evolution is real or not, honestly know one will ever know, but rather I feel that Evolution is a BELIEF just like RELIGION. Therefore, why should we be forced to study it? I had to take a test on evolution... If there was a class about Catholicism and it was required to get my degree, I WOULD BE PISSED. I am not catholic so why should I be forced to study and be tested on it?

Imagine if Darwin had to take a required class on religion. He would argue it just as I am arguing about being forced to study evolution.

In my opinion, some things look good with Evolution, but it is impossible to ever explain it all. And for me, the deeper I researched about Evolution, the more I thought it was impossible. And of course no one can prove God exists unless some miricle happens to that person which he can not explain. So its hard to prove that God is real. They are both beliefs and therefore evolution should be a requirement at school. Both areas require a great deal of faith-

I think they should just offer a different Science class that is not a general requirement that studies Evolution deeper. Then students who appriciate the belief will be able to spend more time studing it.

When my computer gets back up, I'll have to pull up my final essay and share it. It's pretty cool :thumbs:

:twocents:
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki