Author Topic: I'm worried about our childrens brains!!!  (Read 15690 times)

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
Re: I'm worried about our childrens brains!!!
« on: May 04, 2005, 09:36:01 AM »
It bothers me that a school board would seek to limit a childs access to information. I personally have belief in God, but wholy support the theory of evolution as well, as the two are not mutually exclusive. I believe that our creator would have built into his design a way for the species to adapt to an ever changing environment, and to thrive.

While I have my beliefs, which are based on years of study and experience, I do not think that we should limit what a child is learning in school. there are some crack-pot ideas out there that we should probably avoid, but the ones which have merit, and have a solid basis should be explored. We should be encouraging our children to think critically about these concepts, and provide them the tools they need to seek more information and learn about the world in which we live. The whole basis of scientific exploration is to question the theories which have been developed before, and seek ways to find more evidence to support or disprove these theories.

Anyone (group) who would try to avoid teaching a subject, just because they don't believe in it, is attempting to brainwash thier students. It is a scary thought.

Erik  :beerchug:
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!