Author Topic: I'm worried about our childrens brains!!!  (Read 15684 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: I'm worried about our childrens brains!!!
« on: May 02, 2005, 01:38:18 PM »
I fail to see a relevant comparison...and yes, if you call up the National Academy of Science they will tell you that the theory of evolution is so widely accepted by scientists all over the world that it is indeed considered scientific fact.
It is an incredibly well studied and documented phenomena...as is world war 2 for that matter.  Anything that includes a "higher power" of any sort has gone beyond even the ability to accurately document its effects on the natural world.  Therefore, by right of the argument that evolution cannot be proven because it cannot be reproduced, ID failes because no one even know what to reproduce in the first place as it is an intangible.  One way or the other, ID and creationism, while popular, cannot even be condidered viable SCIENTIFIC theories to be included in SCIENCE class.

i think that is what this discussion is boiling down to, is not which you choos,e but rather having the right to choose.

CTENG, what is ID ??  did I miss something? 
As far as creationism not being a scientific theory, it is becoming more and more acceptabe to scientists, to fill voids where evolution fails.  There is much fact in the Bible, which is used as a factual documentation of many scientists, both religious and non-religous.  I am not opposed to Evolution as a whole, but rather the idea that we as a human ace have evolved from another species, that the universe was created in a big bang, or that we all came out of some sort of primordial ooze.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent