Author Topic: Suggestions for lift/high steer on a DD  (Read 4434 times)

jmac80

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 144
  • Male Posts: 184
  • Member since Sep '15
  • DD and trail rider
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for lift/high steer on a DD
« on: Jul 13, 2016, 10:17:37 PM »
Well truth is I'm going to have pay someone to install.  I used to use my father's welder and torch (along with his good insight) when I lived in Memphis, but I moved to Oakland, CA about a year ago. I don't know anyone that works on stuff out here......gotta bunch of white collar friends with clean fingernails.

That said, the Rough Country lift that on it now has required the hangers be moved and welding job is lacking a little in my opinion.  So I need cutting/grinding/welding for both suspension and for IFS box mount.....I could put everything on myself aside from those pieces but that's not really an option given the process....unless I spent a couple hundred having it towed back and forth.  I could build the spring stack though and them to hang it.  I talked to shop this afternoon, and guy there said this......

He has a buddy with OME's on a Yota and says they ride like crap and are better on heavier vehicles.  He wasn't knocking them, just saying they work better on other applications.  Also, he said Sky has been notoriously on backorder or shorting parts in shipments lately.  He knew another guy whose been waiting on backorder parts for 8 months now and can't get money back.  Again, he said they make killer stuff, if it's in stock and can ship immediately.  He suggested just buying everything from Marlin or TG, knowing that everything will work OK together.  I personally don't want to buy TG.  Does M/C even sell springs? I bet they would build a set in the shop, but I don't know if they offer any for sale to public.  I plan to call Sky in the next couple of days and see what they say as far as inventory goes.

Anybody got anything to say about ProComp kit?  $750 for 4" lift kit (4 springs, 4 shocks, u-bolt) and free shipping.

http://4wheelonline.com/pro-comp-toyota-pu-4runner-lift-kits.21912.0
1980 long bed; 20R; L52; 3" OME; 30-spline Marfields; Marlin high steer; PS; AC