Author Topic: SqWADoosh's 85 Runner Build Thread  (Read 325013 times)

SqWADoosh

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 10966
  • Male Posts: 2,417
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
Re: SqWADoosh's 85 Runner Build Thread
« Reply #1200 on: May 15, 2016, 12:56:52 PM »
Thanks for answering my questions! I will be in contact with those guys and inquire about their experiences with the springs before I make a decision about tweaking my setup. Your experience with the Allpro springs helps me narrow things down.

I'll have to create a build thread and post up a few pics I have of the steering box placement as it sits now. I have a flat arm and have the box pretty much vertical. Axle is 1 3/8" forward from drilling holes in the spring perches. Looks like I need to move it another 1/2" forward in order to avoid having to cut up the firewall. A combination of different springs/new spring hanger is what I am looking into to fix this issue.

Unrelated question... I've seen a few pictures of your Badlands bumper together with a white 4runner with the Allpro front bumper (has plate added to it). Having seen them both, are they both stout and worth recommending? I'm considering my options and prefer very low profile (don't even need a winch) and lightweight. Allpro is one that I am considering, but might be a bit bulky with the double tube running around the corner.

Hijack over! Now off to watch your vids in Moab...

The white 4Runner you are referring to was owned by zippo. You could talk to him about that at the same time as you ask him about his OME springs he ran. He sold that truck but he's a great guy and would be happy to answer any questions on it. As for my Badland bumper, I love that thing. It might not be the coolest looking bumper out there but I have beat the :pokinit: out of it and it just shrugs it off and asks for more. No matter what bumper you go with I will tell you that you should definitely get the front of the frame, where the bumper will mount, reinforced. Almost all the aftermarket companies that sell bumpers for our trucks sell the reinforcement plate. This is what I'm referring to: http://www.addictedoffroad.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=73  I have to ask what makes you say you do not need a winch?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 01:03:28 PM by SqWADoosh »