Author Topic: East coast 3rd gen SAS....  (Read 31677 times)

mdtrail-toy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 547
  • Male Posts: 238
  • Member since Aug '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: East coast 3rd gen SAS....
« Reply #30 on: Jan 17, 2016, 04:21:30 PM »
Well supposed to get our first real snow of the year out here later this week and my truck still isn't ready to roll. Thought i had it all planned out good when i started in November. I'LL be good for smow this year right.......   Still left to do.  Hopefully pick up rear 5.29's this week been waiting for about a month. Install into new clean housing . Burn on new rear pearches and lowe shock mounts.  Front Shocks and bumps.  Give er a good shake down run. Hopefully i can fit all that in and make it happen by Friday. But for now a few more pics After initially installing the 63's with the f 3 + overload i wasn't overall happy with the front to back height. Not bad but thought it could b a little better. Plus my rear pinion angle was complete crap.    I ended up pulling the springs out again and try to mix and match to get them dialed in a little better at least for now until i get this thing driving again and can get a better feel for it.  Ended up breaking down my old 51" rears that came out of this truck. Yanked the a.a.l.  yea yea i know not preferable  But may end up running them for a bit. Also used a much shorter and thinner overload from a 48" pack i had sitting around. Actually ended up with the same size pack with the 2 Toy springs instead of the Chevy overload alone. Pinion angle was still piss poor witg my 2 piece shaft So I ran out and grabbed really the only size shims I could find locally. Ended up with a 4 deg..  And i looks a lot better and from the short distance i have driven don't have any more vibration while on the throttle. I do have a fresh rear housing I'm getting prepped so i will get new perches to rotate and set the correct angle..  Things seem to have come to a halt while waiting on rear gears but when they are done hopefully good to go
                                                                           last picture is with the much shorter Toyota overload in place of the chevy.
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2016, 04:32:44 PM by mdtrail-toy »