Author Topic: Recovery Gear  (Read 3882 times)

jssgbsn

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 440
  • Member since Sep '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Recovery Gear
« on: Dec 01, 2015, 05:38:12 PM »
I meant the giuve me beer for getting them unstuck.

And I have been pulling people out for free.  I just get tired of seeing guys park in deep sand on our beach roads.  Alwaysa tourists.  I don;t mind helpiung people, and do, its just I see it all the time and always feel bad passing them by.  I cant spend all day pulling our tourists for free.  They could easliy call a wrecker.  I see them doing it all the time.  Basically you cannot park on the asphalt, only the sand.  And insterad of them parking on hard dirt and walking further, they park in deep sand.  But yeah, if it aint a tourist or its in the boonies its always free, cause I know I would want help if I needed.

And yeah I got a winch but I have obnvioulsy been doing things redneck.  Just getting it done with what I got.

So it sounds like D-Rings with staic straps to start, tree saver for my winch with block eventually, and finally a dynamic snatch rope to tug people out.

When doing it for free I tell the tourist if something breaks it aint on me.  Its usually a rental so they don't care anyway.

Not offroad recovery specifically, just knuckle heads who park their cars in deep sand cause they are too lazy to walk from a parking lot.  Usually if its a Jeeper or other truck that  is an offraod vehilce I'll pull them for free no matter.
If I don't ask the stupid question, who will?

85 Runner, 22RE, AEM 'warm intake', TRD Cam, LC Headers, Dual Case, 5.29's, ARB Front Locker, Detroit Rear Locker, 35's, V6 Brakes, ARP Studs, Marlin Arms/Caps/Hy-Steer, Winch, Armor, Can-Back Top....and...

...more Gremlins than Gizmo the Mogwai was responsible for.