Author Topic: Rust Prevention  (Read 2893 times)

Jagdverband44

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 155
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
Re: Rust Prevention
« on: Sep 29, 2015, 10:09:03 PM »
Your talking about zinc plates as sacrificial anodes? That is what is used to prevent electrolytic corrosion on boats. I would think that Toyota would be aware of the need for ground to make that work. Besides electrolytic corrosion isn't the problem we are battling, but instead normal weathering and corrosion from salt contamination.

So it actually looks like First and Second Gens were supplied with a DC power source to act as sacrificial anodes on the outside of ships that transported other Toyotas. It was a suicide mission like Kamikaze. Very honorable. The whole electronic rust protection system was a scam for automobiles and was likely a dealer ad on to make more $$$. Like selling sh*t on a shingle.
If you read what he's doing, it is a restoration, not a crawler.  Not everybody has to sas everything to feel like a real truck owner.  He has an insanely clean first gen truck, too

His resto is sick, I just need a solid axle in front to make me feel like a big boy. Plus, solid axles provide a good place to catch smaller road kill such as raccoons and possum. I hear solid axles also attract loose women due to their  :bling: factor
I've got the most liftedest truck in town, that little jap truck done stand no chance gainst my Chevy. My Chevy gots a V8 more lift an bigger tires,and an exhaust system, whats yer tuna can got, a V4, and them tires look like they is offa Saturn Corulla. The dealer instulled my lift, so ya no its done right, you just try to foller me throo them rocks an see what a reel truck can do.