Author Topic: Toyota FSMs  (Read 4501 times)

jssgbsn

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 440
  • Member since Sep '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Toyota FSMs
« on: Aug 29, 2015, 05:40:08 AM »
jssgbsn, how do I make a zip file?

http://download.cnet.com/topics/winrar

This is what I would use.  I don't know if your computer is 32bit or 64bit, but this is where you can get WinRAR.  It may be a trial version (and in that case you can usually just uninstall and reinstall a new trial if the time period expires.  Once it's installed you typically 'right click' the an empty spot on your desktop, find the option that says 'new', then on that list the one that says 'WinRAR ZIP Archive'.  I would rename the archive 'FSM' or whatever you prefer.  The you should be able to just drag and drop file into the archive file.  You can test to make sure by opening the archive and you'll see them listed.  Once you got everything inside, the file would be ready to e-mail.  There are several other ways of using WinRAR to do what i described, I just think the way I mentioned is the most user freindly.

In order to open the file 'Extract' or uncompress somebody would also need WinRAR.  They would download the .ZIP file, put on desktop, right click icon for file, and select 'Extract Here'.  That puts an uncompressed version inside the 'ZIP Archive' file which can then be dragged out (to desktop as an example) to wherever they want it.

I would also recommend to always scan a .zip file and its contents before opening with your AV sotware.  It is a good habit to have even if you trust the source.

actually, even sending files to a friend is still part of the infringement... but whatever.....

jimbo is correct, but since we are not attempting mass distribution I doubt Toyota is going to invest tracking down a few hundred/thousand dollars of FSM's  But it does break copyright, and anybody doing this assumes the risk.

just put your file in your emails cloud like google drive or Microsoft sky drive and then share it. once you choose share you can get a share link and post the link here. I've done it several times and never had a problem. the worst they'll do is unshare your file but it hasn't happened to me

I have not used this for filesharing, but I have heard it is very straightforward also.  Just like WinRAR both peple would need 'google drive' or 'sky drive'.
If I don't ask the stupid question, who will?

85 Runner, 22RE, AEM 'warm intake', TRD Cam, LC Headers, Dual Case, 5.29's, ARB Front Locker, Detroit Rear Locker, 35's, V6 Brakes, ARP Studs, Marlin Arms/Caps/Hy-Steer, Winch, Armor, Can-Back Top....and...

...more Gremlins than Gizmo the Mogwai was responsible for.