Author Topic: Toyota FSMs  (Read 4586 times)

jssgbsn

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 440
  • Member since Sep '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Toyota FSMs
« on: Aug 26, 2015, 07:03:36 PM »
Here is an exexample thread of how to do this.

Title:   Toyota FSM's available if needed
Post 1:  Here is the list of FSM's:   80 Truck, 85 runner, 92 landcruiser, 92 Suzuki, etc (basically whatever would comprise a Master List).
Post 2:  Post a comment with the FSM you are looking for and somebody should contact you by PM (private message with how to locate what your looking for).

Thats basically the thread.  Then create a Master .zip file compiling all the .pdf FSM's we collectively have.  Then somebody 'could' e-mail that master .zip/.rar or whatever format to anybody who wants it, and is okay contacting others who may need a copy.  A member could then simply e-mail the master file or just the individual FMS needed.  Members doing so would need to be familair with compressing a file using .zip or .rar and recieving member would need to know how to 'unzip' the file.

I would not recommend MC post links for dowload on their servers due to copyright.  Another member could host download links on their own private server, but that is more work than anybody would want to do.  Or somebody could create a 'group/open' DropBox account where the username/login could be given out to anybody wanting access to the files.  But I would only do that for personal friends I trusted.  Any D-Bag getting the username/password could delete/modify any files or upload files that look similiar but have viruses.  Then the 'reciever' may not be savvy enough to check file before launching and then get a virus.  That is probably the easiest way to do this, but again I would only do this for personal friends, which defeats the purpose of having a thread regarding FSM's for anybody on MC forums.

I think the PM then e-mail route is the best, 'most safe'.  Unless somebody is familiar with torrenting then all they would need to do is search "19xx Toyota [make/model] factory service manual torrent", they are out there, it usually takes me a few searches to find exactly what I need when torrenting.

******I do not recommend torrenting to anybody who is not willing to do the research on how to do it safely (both from being tracked and from testing files for virus/malware).  But to be honest it really isn that hard.

Use Mozilla FireFox (edit) Browserand DuckDuckGo (edit) search engine, (easier than using TOR [TheOnionRouter] and in my opinion 'safe' enough), download uTorrent, then go searching at 'The Pirate Bay' or just do a search like I mentioned. Not trying to give a class on torrenting but your ISP can still potentially see what your are doing (unless you are using TOR) and you may recieve a letter from them requesting you stop.  Havent heard of that happening in years though, probably over a decade.

If I don't ask the stupid question, who will?

85 Runner, 22RE, AEM 'warm intake', TRD Cam, LC Headers, Dual Case, 5.29's, ARB Front Locker, Detroit Rear Locker, 35's, V6 Brakes, ARP Studs, Marlin Arms/Caps/Hy-Steer, Winch, Armor, Can-Back Top....and...

...more Gremlins than Gizmo the Mogwai was responsible for.