Author Topic: Western WA People - Where to have spring perches replaced?  (Read 3734 times)

Plainview

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 175
  • Member since May '14
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Thanks for the suggestions, keep 'em coming if you have them!

It's definitely the perches.  I have brand new OME springs with 0 miles on them at this point and you can clearly see the reverse arc the perches are putting in them right across the perch itself.  I think this is one of the reasons the front end didn't come up as far as the rear when the springs were installed.  The 217K mile OE springs were so shot they had S-bends in them.  If I removed the springs I could lay a flat edge across the perch and I guarantee it wouldn't be touching at both ends.

As for replacing the housing, I'd rather not do that.  The current housing has all new seals and FJ rotors so I'd basically be throwing the seals away and would have to swap the rotors and most likely install a new seal kit plus the time it would take to track down and buy a housing.  I don't mind spending a few dollars more if the hassle factor is reduced to <drop truck off at shop pick up truck when work is done>.  I'm going to be working lots of overtime later this year and have an arm-length list of home improvement projects to tackle so time is more important than saving a few bucks at this point.
'84 Xtra Cab Project:
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=100651.new#new
Parts Wanted:

- Un-cracked dash pad (do they exist?)