Author Topic: NEED A YOTA AXLE PEP TALK BOYS!!!  (Read 19673 times)

jangelfire

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Member since Jan '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: NEED A YOTA AXLE PEP TALK BOYS!!!
« on: Apr 15, 2015, 07:56:55 AM »

I like the truck, similar to mine. Im not sure what to say about the price, I usually figure out what it would cost new and then decide if the used price is low enough to make it worth it. There's no way for you to know how many miles are really on that axle.If it was recently rebuilt why wouldn't he at least throw some paint on that stuff while it's apart, makes me question the quality of work put into it. Could the gear ratio be a misprint? Meant to say 5.29's?

The six shooters are good, I haven't really heard of any failures as long as the studs are tight, and the dirty 30's are tough but not indestructible. Another thing to consider is TG won't warranty any of that stuff since you aren't the original owner.

I personally would not want a welded diff up front, selectable would be best but even an auto locker like a Detroit would be better. What steering do you have now,stock?
Thanx! Yep stock steering.really the only reason im considering the axle forsale is it has everything i need to put in mine plus hydro.i realize that full hydro isnt required with 37s, but for the price it makes sense, i guess.break down for new stuff...

Rcv axles. $650

6 shooters. $400

Arp studs.  $150

Hydro assist. $300

Then i would be done, i hope. But yeah i can handle the 5th stud mod and save $400 if you guys think its tuff enuff??