Author Topic: NEED A YOTA AXLE PEP TALK BOYS!!!  (Read 19783 times)

jangelfire

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Member since Jan '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: NEED A YOTA AXLE PEP TALK BOYS!!!
« on: Apr 14, 2015, 04:59:07 PM »

What type of terrain do you normally wheel on?  Do you have similar issues or does this seem to be a Moab slick rock issue?

The Moab Rim trail is 100% slick rock to the rim and I would assume puts a ton of stress on everything because you are climbing, turning tight with the weight shifted over one front tire. Do you get to the point that you physically can't turn the wheel?  Mine gets to the point that it feels like the wheel is locked on occasion.

With a front locker you really need to be as beefy as possible on the rocks. Stock studs may not be enough for your setup. 4 or 5 ARP studs may be sufficient. My tires are smaller so I can't tell you what the limit is from experience.
I just got finished building this truck so i dont have much experience wheeling it at all. Yes it does get impossible to steer at times and i have to move back or forward to turn the wheels.i hear ya on the selectable locker forsure but i really need to beef up my knuckles either way since we wheel mostly slick rock and boulders.i found a yota axle on craigslist in denver with dirty 30s,six shooters and full hydro setup with hardly any miles on it for 1800$.i just wonder if hes selling it cuz it has just been rebuilt from breaking.im new to the yota world and would like to stay here, i refuse to own a jeep!