Author Topic: The Cheeto  (Read 11872 times)

H8PVMNT

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 452
  • Male Posts: 3,554
  • Member since May '07
  • I'LL NEVER MAKE IT...
    • View Profile
Re: The Cheeto
« Reply #30 on: Mar 24, 2015, 09:43:22 AM »
Its running good on and off.  It still has some funny things going on.  Almost seems electrical to me.  It runs good at wot, but cuts out from time to time under partial throttle.  It dies at lights every now and then.  Im not completely happy with it, but the little things are tough to find. 

The bumper is coming along.  Ill have more pictures as I finish, but the bumper is harder than it looks.  As it sits in the picture, the tailgate wont open.  If I drop the whole thing so the tailgate opens it looks retarded because it all hangs down so low.  so the top corner of the rectangle tubing I cut off and Im flat plating it.  I also got these tiny "flush" mount led lights off amazon that I am mounting to it in several places.  Plus I need some clevis hooks and a hitch receiver.

So the injectors helped but it still has a glitch?  Have you had a scan tool on it lately?  I'm curious if the fuel is still fueling weird. I'd love for you to get it straightened out. That thing drove me nuts!

That little fuel line heat shield thing I was going to send you is pretty rotten so I didn't bother.  I still have a 2.7 EFI emblem I got off Marlin though.  Want me to peel it off with fishing line mail it to you sometime?
“I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.”
– Steve McQueen

"Except for maybe Seattle."  -H8PVMNT

"I plan to hit 300k in this truck"  :)bestgen4runner

"I'm jealous of your shop. It has concrete and doesn't smell like pickles like the old shop  "  300K