Author Topic: new here  (Read 3205 times)

SKULLYOTA

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -57
  • Male Posts: 52
  • Member since Dec '14
  • Garage Crawler
    • View Profile
Re: new here
« on: Jan 20, 2015, 06:41:44 PM »
Yup, Highwood, MT. Do they still wheel "Deep Crick" over there? There used to be a cool dirt bike climb down there by the river, a loose mound that goes into a big V-notch about half way up.  I had a guy in a TJ follow me up it once and his rear end drove out from under him just before he got out the top and it ended up under his drivers seat!  It was always littered with busted side mirrors from full sized guys too.

Post up a few pics of your Toy.

I never got the chance to head up Deep Creek.  The local news did a story one time about it that painted 4x4ing in a pretty bad light.  That and all the keggers killed it i think.  The top if Blue Mountain heading over to Telephone Butte is fun when it's wet, but it's so crowded.  I pretty much exclusively wheel the P-burg/Deerlodge/Hall/Maxville area, lots more trails that are more challenging.  Supposedly there's some good stuff on the reservation, but you need a tribal rec. permit (and i'm not sure about their regs' definitions of "road" or "open unless posted closed").

My old rig was this tubed, camo'd, locked, dual 5pd equipped beater.  Since sold (and parted out i believe.)

then i had a POS stock 89 4runner...also parted out.

Nice little samurai on 31's for awhile...

Currently this rusty FJ55 that'll never leave the garage

also currently the tan 85 that has 5.29s, Downey/OME lift springs, flatbed, 33's.  Getting Duals and lock-right and it'll be done enough for me.  Here i am being the pack mule for a buncha coworkers' ATVs on a camping trip. 

anyway, that's me.

85 x-cab- duals, flatbed, locked, 33's....

70 FJ55-in pieces