Author Topic: Okay-I give up...  (Read 2013 times)

Speed

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -22
  • Male Posts: 127
  • Member since Jun '14
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: Okay-I give up...
« on: Jul 06, 2014, 01:54:38 AM »
 :bowdown: Thanks Crazy-
I'll work on it when I get up in the AM. (optimism) Today's project was trying to fix the horn and checking for broken wires at the turn signal switch.  Horn-the plunger isn't reaching the contact ring on the steering wheel well enough to get a good contact;cleaned all contact surfaces,signal switch-everything appears to be intact and in good condition. Right turn worked for about 30 seconds,I felt the same relay the Hazard lights use clicking(Don't know WHAT to make of this! :yikes:),the bulbs lit properly,etc. I shut it off and tried it again and it blinked once and that was it.
   Didn't have the proper dome light for the truck,so I made one from a Yamaha license plate light;had to make a toggle switch bracket since the light had no switch. Not especially good looking,but works well. Ran an external 5 amp blade type fuse,still need to hide the extra wire and place the fuse where I can reach it easily. This light is a sealed unit,so if the roof decides to leak again(It rolled over onto a broken off T-post and ripped a hole in the roof just about where the inside mirror was,then on over,landing on its wheels.),it won't grenade the light like the original.
   Can't wait until I have enough $$ to do the timing chain,water pump and brake pads. Then it'll just be a matter of waiting for the Title to get here. ALL the axle seals (including the knuckle seals) need to be replaced,as do the rear brake shoes  and possibly the rear wheel bearings. (Why else would the seals go bad?) Plenty to do-it's hard to prioritize until I can drive it and see what needs attention first. I also want to figure out how to push the back of the cab/top of the rear window opening up about an inch and out about 1-1/2 inches,to make a rear window fit the opening a little better. I have another slider available to me,but ain't no way it'll fit that opening without breaking something. I'll eventually need to replace the windshield,if for no other reason than that the gasket's gone to crap and with the little half circle crack in the glass near where the T-post went through the roof I doubt the gasket could be replaced without the glass breaking worse.
   I'll try to refrain from boring you with the details of this project,but I'm so anxious to get this truck on the road I get carried away  :woohoo: :woohoo: .
   Thanks for all your help on this and other questions I've had/will have.
   Speed

"HMMmmmm--What can I make outta that??"

"Bash On Regardless"