Author Topic: 4Wheel Underground 3Link Review  (Read 34335 times)

toyocrawler113

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Dec '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
back from the dead
« on: Mar 02, 2014, 06:32:25 PM »
I know it has been a long time since my last post and I won't bore you with my personal life, let's just say I got busy. As far as the build, I finally started working on it again a couple months ago in order to finish it in time for the Hammers. I was so caught up in trying to finish it in time that I had no time to update this thread. So from the last time that I posted, all I did was: mount the shocks and cycled the crap out of the suspension to ensure maximum travel and clearance. For the suspension I had to make small adjustments to achieve the up-travel I desired, for example I put a slight bend in the panhard bar but in the end it was well worth it.

Other than that, I just had my buddy weld everything together, which took no time at all. The front suspension was the easiest part of the whole build, it went together as intended and the most time consuming part was cycling it to ensure the suspension would be used to its full potential. After that, I was occupied with finishing the rest of the truck, which I pretty much finished the day before I went to the Hammers. I went to my buddies house later that night to use his forklift to double check that I had no clearance issues and the next day I drove it all the way to the Hammers with no problems. It drove like a dream on the road.

Once I got there I put it to use right away, eating up the whoops at 45-50 mph no problem, walking up Chocolate Thunder, and other small trails. The only problem I had all weekend was not related to the build at all. In fact, it was due to a friend's stupid mistake which ended up ruining my grill, headlights, hood, and core support. Despite all that, I had a great weekend and I couldn't ask for the suspension to have worked any better than it did, and it drove home with no problems what-so-ever.