Author Topic: Re: 1983 Toyota Pickup Restoration  (Read 9513 times)

kawazx636

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 32
  • Member since Feb '14
    • View Profile
    • 1983 Toyota Pickup Build
Re: Re: 1983 Toyota Pickup Restoration
« on: Feb 21, 2014, 09:00:34 AM »
I drove it around for about 6 months before I decided it was time to start the restoration.  I had a baby on the way so initially I was just going to rebuild the engine since I had an obscene amount of blow-by and do the restoration later, but one thing lead to another and the next thing I know my truck is in a thousand pieces in the garage...

Yanked the engine:

Had the block bored out .020 over and decked:

Rebuilt the head:

The crank was in great shape so I just had it polished.  Engine was re-assembled with Engnbldr parts:

Every single part on the engine was either very meticulously cleaned and powdercoated or replaced.  Much of the factory hardware was also replaced.  At the desmogging parts came from LCE along with the Spiral Weber adapter and wire loom kit.
DAVE
*1983 Toyota Pick 4WD (Under Construction, see YT build threads)*

Rebuilt 22R, TG Rock Ripper stainless header with 2 1/8" exhaust, Restored chassis, Rebuilt front and rear axles, OME 2" medium duty springs w/ TG 5.5" shackles, Bilstein 5125 shocks, GM rear disc brake conversion, Sky Manufacturing HD tie rod, Ion Style 171 wheels, Falken Wild Peak Tires, replaced floorpan and more to come