Author Topic: Hello from Wuhan China  (Read 7897 times)

R33F

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Dec '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Wuhan China
« on: Jan 08, 2014, 09:02:31 PM »
:welcome:

Thanks Toe!

:welcome:  II :turtle:  and when did Oregon become part of Washington? :gap:

Thanks Rocksurfer!

:welcome: R33F and thanks for registering!

We have a member here, zembalayan, who also lived in China for a while. His Chinese is much better than my Japanese and is very fun to listen to at camp fires! :camping:

During my 5th visit back to Japan, my wife and I stopped off in Beijing and had a great time. Some pics and my experience posted here. Oh man I just realized how much I have to update to that thread :thud:

So are you able to do any sort of wheeling over there? Take some Chinese 4x4 up in the mountains and then walk back home?

:wave: Have a safe trip back to the motherland and look'n forward to seeing what you end up building :driving:

Regards,
BigMike
Tillamook has become a true cheese head.

Thanks for the welcome BigMike, I've been to Beijing a few times it's a lot of fun! Good bars and food if you know where your going. I haven't done any wheeling since I left the states. I sold my Rubi right before I left.
And I refuse to drive here. It's just too unlawful and chaotic... I just take a subway or taxi if I need to get around.

Those Beijing Jeeps are all over in Wuhan, but just the military uses them. There more modern than the ones that were posted in this thread and are diesel powered. Unfortunately, they destroy any cars that are old or can't pass inspection, so there is nothing old anywhere on the streets.

I'll try to snap a shot of one of the new ones.

Nice to meet ya!

edit by BigMike: removed double quote
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2014, 09:43:28 AM by BigMike »