Author Topic: Marlin Crawler: A Reputable Company  (Read 6049 times)

ToxicGumbo

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 9
  • Member since Oct '13
    • View Profile
Re: Marlin Crawler reputable?
« on: Jan 06, 2014, 09:17:05 PM »
Quote from: HogCanyonHopp
you need to give them a call. they are very reputable and should sort everything out for you.

I've tried, I really have.  Saying I've been trying to call for weeks and have sent email isn't an understatement.  I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, but the order was placed on 11/27 and their order form even allowed for items in stock to still be shipped despite any backordered items.  Why didn't those items ship?  Why are holiday and weekend order specials with waived shipping deals showing up in my inbox when nothing has moved on the existing order, no one is replying to previously sent messages, and no one's reachable on the phone for over a month?  I only even placed the order because their notification system emailed me that the item I wanted had just become available and that's the item that immediately was flagged as "backordered" and stalled the order.  It doesn't even make sense.

Quote from: JackKnife
As far as the products that Marlin Crawler sells, they are of the highest quality.

Of this I have no doubt.  I've never read a single bad comment about Marlin Crawler and still think immensely highly of the folks behind the brand.  Vast participation in forums and the unique products Marlin offers in just about every category is mind blowing.  I recently chanced upon an R150f for $75 on Craigslist and it's sitting in the next room waiting for a beef-up  (those short shifters in the holiday ads look really nice, for instance). However, an arbitrary $350 charge from the pending order won't fly.  In November, yes.  In the first half of December, somewhat.  Now, I'm mostly broke after an expensive past month: girlfriend's daughter's birthday, girlfriend's birthday, Christmas, Russian New Year, anniversary, etc.

Quote from: Wainiha
I'm always embarrassed when I get upset too quickly….

So am I.  That's why I feel extremely uncomfortable starting this thread.  However, after a month of not being able to reach anyone and watching new promotional offers pass by, I just want my financial information erased, the order canceled, and a formal statement that I haven't been charged (or credited back).  Actually, to be fully honest, I'd rather be able to just place or revise the order and get great products within several weeks.  Even just hearing back is encouraging and can go a long way with most customers.

The thing here is, I'm only posting this out of desperation and shouldn't have to rely on other customers to be the feedback mechanism and support group.  It's reasonable to believe that this order would be resolved in a reasonable amount of time or that the company that has a customer's financial information can be contacted.  I do greatly appreciate the feedback from everyone though.

Quote from: 1985 Crawler
but you should call them, preferably early is when i get them to answer.

Tried.  Over and over again.  I wouldn't have posted, but after 12 years of making massive expenditures for my previous employer, there are certain signs that start to make one worry (ie. no voicemail, same message in and outside of operating hours, never being able to reach anyone, never hearing back in email, inconsistent ordering information, limited methods of contact, signs of business activity in other ways for product sales).

Quote from: CruelCrawler83
Not gonna be shy here! I too have had the same trouble contacting them along with my buddies.

Reading this just makes me sad because I placed this first order with immense pride that I was finally ordering from "Marlin Crawler" and even bragged about it.  By posting here, I was hoping to hear something I might have missed or perhaps that would offer some solid encouragement, but it's looking like things might drag on for quite some time.

All this aside, my best to the Marlin Crawler family and I hope this past holiday season was kind.  There's no other company quite like them.

-Jeff